Beijing Olympics - 808 China Blessing Final Countdown on 080808
Wilson is the youth leader at International Punjabi Masihi Church in Vancouver, Canada. Everyone loves this radical preacher's passion for Christ and His Church. Wilson helped organize the South Asian Global Convention (SAGC 2004) under the leadership of Pastor Pritam Singh. He is as "hairy-as-a-yak," "spits-like-a-camel," and is a F.A.T. (Faithful, Available, and Teachable) Christian. Wilson, a Malayalee Christian holds a BA in Biblical Studies from Trinity Western University and his mission is to make Scripture relevant to today's generation. Famous quote: "Knock it off!"View all articles by Wilson Matthews
808 China Blessing Final Countdown
Please pray these prayer for China on August 8th 2008 especially from 8:00-8:08pm.
080808 Blessing Beijing Summer 2008 Olympics
1. Blessed with good health
2. Lead with wisdom
3. Uphold justice
4. Put citizens' well-being as top priority
1. Grow as a harmonious community
2. Celebrate the uniqueness of the various ethnic groups
3. Develop a nurturing response to those who suffer
4. Create opportunities for all to experience a healthy, positive and purposeful life
1. Lead globally in environmental consciousness and best business practices
2. Champion ethical business standards
3. Steward their wealth wisely
4. Maximise education & technical advances to help build a better world
Beijing 2008 Summer Olympics
1. Every athlete and official to feel fulfilled through giving of their best efforts
2. Every athlete and official will enjoy the Games through fair-play and mutual respect.
3. Every athlete and official will be blessed with well-facilitated Games
4. All will experience a touch of world peace and unity of purpose
Then we would like to encourage you to pray with millions all over the world on 8 August, 8:08pm this prayer.
"May the blessed glory of God fill China"
The 2008 Summer Olympic Games, officially known as the Games of the XXIX Olympiad, will be celebrated in Beijing, People's Republic of China from August 8 to August 24, 2008 and followed by the 2008 Summer Paralympics from September 6 to September 17. Ten thousand, five hundred athletes are expected to compete in 302 events in 28 sports, just one event more than was on the schedule of the 2004 games. The 2008 Beijing Olympics will also mark the third time that Olympic events will have been held in the territories of two different National Olympic Committees (NOC): at the 2008 Olympics, equestrian events will be held in Hong Kong, which competes separately from mainland China.
The Olympic games were awarded to Beijing after an exhaustive ballot of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) on July 13, 2001. The official logo of the games, titled "Dancing Beijing," features a stylised calligraphic character jīng (京, meaning capital), referencing the host city. The mascots of Beijing 2008 are the five Fuwa, each representing both a colour of the Olympic rings and a symbol of Chinese culture. The Olympic slogan, One World, One Dream, calls upon the world to unite in the Olympic spirit. Several new NOCs have also been recognised by the IOC.
The Chinese government has promoted the games to highlight China's emergence on the world stage and has invested heavily in new facilities and transportation systems. A total of 37 venues will be used to host the events including 12 newly constructed venues. Earlier in 2007, former IOC president Juan Antonio Samaranch had said that he believes that the Beijing games will be "the best in Olympic history," and despite the controversies that have marred the image of the Chinese Olympics, current president Jacques Rogge asserts that the IOC has "absolutely no regrets" in choosing Beijing to host the 2008 games.