- By Benita Joy
- Published 08/16/2006
Benita Joy is a Malayalee Christian and serves as the Chief Editor for South Asian Connection. She is a woman of faith, gifted in the area of leadership and administration, and has a heart for world missions. Her desire is to live a life that is pure and to serve God's purposes in her generation. Benita is pursuing a double major in English and Psychology at the University of British Columbia. She loves big cities, chai, the internet, roller coasters, international cuisines, music, and hanging out with friends. She is the youngest member of Team SAC, plays guitar with a baby pink pick (Yikes!), and she's not much taller than your average dwarf (don't tell her that).
1. Today is the first day of my new job. Nervous and happy.
2. The weekend was fun with Ashish, Indu, Kathy and the girls here. Indu has most of the pictures so I'll put them up when I get them.
3. Things to look forward to:
- a bunch of us from KCF going to the Grouse Grind on Thursday.
- the KCF bbq (for everyone) is on the 26th
- PMC's going to have a division 3 soccer team (for those of us that aren't very good) so I'm hoping my schedule will allow me to play.
- and of course, my new job means money in my pocket for the spontaneous things in life :)
- we had our first official meeting of the SAGC 2007 / India Mission Trip team yesterday which went well.
4. Jobin and Justin and their family are moving to Toronto and I'm going to miss them a lot. And so is KCF. I think I've known them for some five or six years now and so many memories! They're such a awesome family and it'll be sad to see them move. Moving is difficult but God has much more in store.
5. Wish you all a happy Monday.