Bible's Most Inspiring Verses Revealed
- By The Christian Messenger
- Published 06/23/2009
The Christian Messenger
The Christian Messenger - Evangelism Through Journalism. The Christian Messenger is an evangelical monthly newspaper published from Chennai, India. Started in 2002 as a privately circulated periodical, its initial print run was 2,500 copies. A year later, it became a registered newspaper. Currently, the print order is 15,000 copies. It is perhaps the only Christian newspaper that spans the length and breadth of the country. The founders of the newspaper have a vision to make it India’s leading Christian daily.What we do: Good news, first! That's our burden. Good news is not just the Gospel but also the positive side of Christian living. But that doesn't mean we don't report bad news. Persecution, end-times watch, falling idols and Biblical prophecies that come true are part of our reportage. We are dependent on God and independent of any denomination, groups or organizations. Neither do we let advertisers influence news coverage nor do we print puffed up handouts. We are fair, neutral and non-judgmental. Because we believe in a God who tells the truth and expects us to be like Him. Why a Christian newspaper? At the heart of our media mission is this motto: Evangelism through journalism. The purpose of this newspaper is to report newsworthy religious events and activities within the local community, nationwide and around the world, to increase the awareness and activism of believers regarding the moral issues of today, to provide thought-provoking commentary, and to provide an effective advertising vehicle for Christian ministries and organizations, events and businesses that want to reach the Christian community in India and abroad. If you think you can support us or partner with us in this mission, do send us a mail today: firstname.lastname@example.org
ReignDesign, developers of the popular 'Bible Promises' application for iPhone, recently released a new version which allows people to 'favorite' their most inspiring Bible verses. By analyzing information from thousands of church-goers across the world, they were able to compile a list of the most popular verses.
1. Isaiah 40:31: But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
2. Deuteronomy 31:6: Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.
3. Psalms 103:2-3: Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits - who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases.
4. Galatians 6:9: Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
5. Philippians 4:6: Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
The Christian Messenger