Christ Crucified for Godís Glory
- By 7 Mile Road
- Published 04/4/2010
7 Mile Road
7 Mile Road is a church that is being planted in the city of Philadelphia.†† We long to plant a Jesus-centered, Gospel-driven, missional church that redeems the lost and edifies the redeemed.† To hear more about our story and vision, check out our blog at www.phillychurchplant.wordpress.com
Why did Jesus die? It’s a simple question and if you’ve ever been to church or Sunday School you’re sure to know the answer. Whatever words you use, the basic answer always comes back – for us. That’s right. That’s true. But could there be another answer. A higher answer. This Sunday we explore the idea that while Jesus’ death on the Cross was for us, it was first for God. Jesus died for our redemption, but more so, He died for God’s glory.
Scripture: John 12:27-33; John 17:1-5, 24
Questions to Consider:
1. What was Jesus’ chief, primary, above-all, purpose in sacrificing His life?
2. What is God’s ultimate purpose in all things? (Is. 43:7; Ps. 106:8; 1 Sam. 12:22; Is. 48:9-11; Jn. 12:27-28)
3. God’s ultimate goal is to preserve and display His glory. Do you struggle with this idea? If so, how and why?
4. Why is it loving for God to point people to Himself?
5. In light of all this, why is Christ crucified precious to you today?
Seven Mile Road Church