- By Benita Joy
- Published 08/10/2005
Benita Joy is a Malayalee Christian and serves as the Chief Editor for South Asian Connection. She is a woman of faith, gifted in the area of leadership and administration, and has a heart for world missions. Her desire is to live a life that is pure and to serve God's purposes in her generation. Benita is pursuing a double major in English and Psychology at the University of British Columbia. She loves big cities, chai, the internet, roller coasters, international cuisines, music, and hanging out with friends. She is the youngest member of Team SAC, plays guitar with a baby pink pick (Yikes!), and she's not much taller than your average dwarf (don't tell her that).
God’s Word says, “Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in Heaven.” Though we know that we are to shine as Christians, often it is difficult to know what exactly we are supposed to do in order to shine. We have vague ideas of living holy lives and keeping that daily connection with God. However the following are some ideas that you can put to use in your day to day lives. Challenge yourself to step out of your comfort zone and into a realm where you really have to trust God. You may feel inadequate or even foolish, but God has given to each a measure of faith—it’s time you put your bit into action. Yah?
1. Maintain a positive attitude. Phil. 2:14-16
2. Believe with someone who needs a miracle. Luke 8:49-50
3. Serve someone who does not except it. Luke 10:33
4. Sow the seeds of the Gospel. Matt. 13:32
5. Conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the Gospel of Christ. Phil. 1:27
6. Pursue something unattainable. 1 Cor. 2:9-10
7. Recognize the supernatural. Eph. 1:17-19
8. Reject lies. Rom. 1:24-25