You Are The Light That Shines And Shows Me The Way
- By Benita Joy
- Published 03/13/2007
Benita Joy is a Malayalee Christian and serves as the Chief Editor for South Asian Connection. She is a woman of faith, gifted in the area of leadership and administration, and has a heart for world missions. Her desire is to live a life that is pure and to serve God's purposes in her generation. Benita is pursuing a double major in English and Psychology at the University of British Columbia. She loves big cities, chai, the internet, roller coasters, international cuisines, music, and hanging out with friends. She is the youngest member of Team SAC, plays guitar with a baby pink pick (Yikes!), and she's not much taller than your average dwarf (don't tell her that).
when the storm is raging all around me
you are the peace that calms my troubled sea
and when the cares of this world darken my day
You are the light that shines and shows me the way
oh, the beauty of Your majesty
on the cross You showed Your love for me!
beautiful Lord, awesome and mighty
i’m captured by this love i see
beautiful Lord, tender and holy
Your mercy brings me to my knees
it’s Your mercy that has made me free
when my sin is all that i can see
Your grace remains the shelter that i seek
and when my weakness is all i can give
Your gentle Spirit gives me strength again
2. answered prayer is beautiful!
3. continually learning to trust Jesus. even when things look impossible.
4. Ethnography of South Asia paper due Thursday: "Assumptions in Indological Discourse of Differences between India and the West Demonstrated by British Colonialism"
5. International Relations of South Asia paper also due Thursday: "Causes and Consequences of the Taliban Resurgence in Afghanistan"
6. Human Rights in International Relations presentation topic for Wedsnesday: Homi Bhabha and Charles Taylor's discussion on the "right to narrate" ...don't even ask, no clue myself :P
7. HR in IR presentation for Monday is on my paper which I haven't thought much about but it's supposed to be on civil society and human rights...
8. For the 3-credit self-directed study I'm doing, I'm translating from Hindi to English the short story by Nirmal Verma, Pehla Prem
9. Associations and the State paper due in two weeks: "NGO's and the Creation of an Alternative Elite"
10. i'm going to watch The Namesake tomorrow with a friend. got a couple free screening tix.
now, back to work.