- By Benita Joy
- Published 12/8/2007
Benita Joy is a Malayalee Christian and serves as the Chief Editor for South Asian Connection. She is a woman of faith, gifted in the area of leadership and administration, and has a heart for world missions. Her desire is to live a life that is pure and to serve God's purposes in her generation. Benita is pursuing a double major in English and Psychology at the University of British Columbia. She loves big cities, chai, the internet, roller coasters, international cuisines, music, and hanging out with friends. She is the youngest member of Team SAC, plays guitar with a baby pink pick (Yikes!), and she's not much taller than your average dwarf (don't tell her that).
1. They say "Home is where the heart is"...except, I don't really know where my heart is...
2. It's my last week in Vancouver, BC... and probably my last week in Canada for a while. It's a weird feeling, not entirely unfamiliar since I've moved so much, but sad nonetheless.
3. What's in my future? India. Hopefully even Singapore. Anywhere away from North America. I feel kinda restless--like I want to get out and see and experience and travel and throw myself completely into mission work and ministry and whatever God has for me... As exciting as it sounds, it's also scary.
4. A few verses God gave me around 1am on August 6th while praying in my hotel room in London... they're from Psalm 143:8-10.
Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love,
for I have put my trust in you.
Show me the way I should go,
for to you I lift up my soul.
Rescue me from my enemies, O LORD,
for I hide myself in you.
Teach me to do your will,
for you are my God;
may your good Spirit
lead me on level ground.
5. Dearest Lord, grant me grace.