Life Goes On . . .
- By Benita Joy
- Published 01/8/2008
Benita Joy is a Malayalee Christian and serves as the Chief Editor for South Asian Connection. She is a woman of faith, gifted in the area of leadership and administration, and has a heart for world missions. Her desire is to live a life that is pure and to serve God's purposes in her generation. Benita is pursuing a double major in English and Psychology at the University of British Columbia. She loves big cities, chai, the internet, roller coasters, international cuisines, music, and hanging out with friends. She is the youngest member of Team SAC, plays guitar with a baby pink pick (Yikes!), and she's not much taller than your average dwarf (don't tell her that).
1. So the videos were out of the ordinary. I haven't been in the mood to write lately...not in the mood now either. But here goes...
2. Indu and Surya were here for a few days. It was great to be able to get out of the house and hang out with friends and see the city. We went to so many places... Atlanta Underground, Agatha's Dinner and a Mystery Theater, Atlantic Station, the art museum, Maddy's Ribs and Blues Joint, the mall, the movies, etc. The pictures are here.
3. We were at the High Museum of Art just as it was closing the other day and it was getting dark outside and this homeless guy comes up to us and asks if we need help taking pictures. I didn't realize he was homeless and wasn't sure whether to let him take the picture or not and my brain pretty much just blanked out and I ended up saying something like "You're not like homeless or anything are you?" Yeah. I know. Stupid.
4. Ever moved from one place to another and felt miserable cuz you can't seem to adjust, but then equally, if not more, miserable cuz you know you can't go back? Or maybe it's just me.
5. Life goes on and change happens whether or not we're ready for it.