The Sky Ain't Blue
- By Benita Joy
- Published 05/15/2006
Benita Joy is a Malayalee Christian and serves as the Chief Editor for South Asian Connection. She is a woman of faith, gifted in the area of leadership and administration, and has a heart for world missions. Her desire is to live a life that is pure and to serve God's purposes in her generation. Benita is pursuing a double major in English and Psychology at the University of British Columbia. She loves big cities, chai, the internet, roller coasters, international cuisines, music, and hanging out with friends. She is the youngest member of Team SAC, plays guitar with a baby pink pick (Yikes!), and she's not much taller than your average dwarf (don't tell her that).
1. will someone please explain to me why a bunch of ladies can get together to pray and have tea and cake until midnight, and when their grown, adult children want to hang out, 9pm becomes the curfew???
2. i think the whole "overprotective-ness" deal is really just about a power trip. seriously, when a parent starts to feel like they're losing control, or the kid's starting to make some of their own decisions, they suddenly feel the need to reinstate their authority. i understand and prefer this during childhood, and usually even the teen years, however, i think that at 22 it's taking it a bit too far!! i mean--like really--give me a stinkin break!!!
3. whining aside, the dates for the Fall 2006 Deeper Walk have been set for October 19-21
4. fact: having a chronic illness is a psychologically crippling thing
5. i can't believe chris was voted off american idol, i really liked him--awesome voice. then again, i also like katherine and elliot. taylor's alright, though not my fav. i started out rooting for chris and kat, but i think at this point, i really want elliot to win. people think he's not too hot, i won't argue, but if you close your eyes and just listen to the voice, you'll agree he's pretty awesome. katherine's got talent too, and she's damn cute!
6. desperately wishing to go somewhere. saw a commercial for some new phone and thought how incredibly awesome it would be to go see the FIFA world cup in Germany and take a bunch of friends along? then again, i dunno why i even wish for such things because adventures like those never happen for me.
7. yeah, the prayer below is from Mother Teresa's Nobel speech. she is one of my heroes along with George Muller and Amy Carmichael. see a pattern?
Lord, make me a channel of Thy peace that, where there is hatred, I may bring love; that where there is wrong, I may bring the spirit of forgiveness; that, where there is discord, I may bring harmony; that, where there is error, I may bring truth; that, where there is doubt, I may bring faith; that, where there is despair, I may bring hope; that, where there are shadows, I may bring light; that, where there is sadness, I may bring joy.
Lord, grant that I may seek rather to comfort than to be comforted, to understand than to be understood; to love than to be loved; for it is by forgetting self that one finds; it is by forgiving that one is forgiven; it is by dying that one awakens to eternal life.
--St. Francis of Assisi