Summer = Watermelon ...mmm :-P
- By Benita Joy
- Published 06/6/2006
Benita Joy is a Malayalee Christian and serves as the Chief Editor for South Asian Connection. She is a woman of faith, gifted in the area of leadership and administration, and has a heart for world missions. Her desire is to live a life that is pure and to serve God's purposes in her generation. Benita is pursuing a double major in English and Psychology at the University of British Columbia. She loves big cities, chai, the internet, roller coasters, international cuisines, music, and hanging out with friends. She is the youngest member of Team SAC, plays guitar with a baby pink pick (Yikes!), and she's not much taller than your average dwarf (don't tell her that).
1. i have some 500 pages of reading and a paper to write but i've been procrastinating all week :(
2. SACHI is taking off and things are looking good for the summer :)
3. i've come to realize how much i love vancouver...not so much the city, but more all the people. i see very clearly now why God brought me here. i've grown a lot both in Him and as a person and met so many nice people!
4. my attempts at smoothing down the minehills, mountain ranges, golf balls, valleys and hills, etc. have been in vain--simi knows what i'm talking about, the rest of you can take a wild guess... dearest Lord, please have mercy!
5. summer = watermelon ...mmm :-P
6. you know that feeling when God whispers something into your spirit and you begin to dream? it's the most amazing thing and i wouldn't trade it for anything.
7. according to my observations, which probably hold zero weight in any useful field of study, i've come to the conclusion that more often than not, the kind of person you turn out to be is decided by you yourself. i've seen wonderful kids come from rotten parenting situations and rotten kids from the most wonderful parents. some kids with strict parents are obedient, other kids with strict parents are rebellious. some kids with very lenient parents screw off completely, while other kids with very lenient parents end up being very responsible individuals. so where does that leave a parent? i'll let you know when i've looked into it further. and what does that have to do with you and me? well, don't blame anyone for the kind of person you are. you are what you are because you choose to be that way. i've heard it said that you fall in the direction you lean. ponder that...
i guess that's enough of my observations. have a good night everyone.